About Shirak Regional Branch
The Shirak Regional Branch has started its activities in August 1996 as a branch of the A.D.Sakharov Armenian Human Rights Center.
- To support the civil society building in Armenia;
- To increase the level of legal awareness of the population;
- To protect population’s rights and freedom.
- Socially vulnerable people;
- Women, children, elderly and disabled persons;
- Refugees, migrants, convicts;
- NGOs and community groups.
- Free legal consulting on human rights protection issues in the city of Gyumri, Shirak, Lori
- and Aragatsotn Marzes,
- Human Rights Protection Through Strengthening NGOs;
- Law library activities, dissemination of legal leaflets, information bulletins developed at our Center;
- Functioning of the legal library and the resource center;
- Civil Society Initiatives-2006-2007;
- Civil Society School;
- Resource center aimed at capacity building for community based organizations;
- RA National Assembly elections: awareness raising and observation.
Partners and Links
- UNHCR, UNDPI, OSCE, USAID, EURASIA, OSI, IOM, DRC, AED;
- ICCO, NHC, Warsaw Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights, EED;
- 80 NGOs of Caucasus CRINGO Network on refugees and IDPs,
- Republican network of resource centers for community based organizations;
- “Tsaig”, “Shant”, “Gala”, and “Shirak” TVs, “Kumairy” weekly, “Asparez” Journalists’ Gyumri Club,
- More than 150 international and local NGOs
Shirak regional branch of the A.D.Sakharov Armenian Human Rights Center